samedi 29 août 2026

The Old Wooden Rocker




















WARPED 3434 - BRADLEY KINCAID  1934-1946


01 - Somebody's Waiting For You
02 - The Letter Edged In Black
03 - The Little Rosewood Casket
04 - The Ship That Never Returned
05 - Jimmie Rodgers' Life
06 - The Death Of Jimmie Rodgers
07 - Mrs. Jimmie Rodgers' Lament
08 - Life Is Like A Mountain Railway
09 - Little Joe
10 - The Blind Girl
11 - I'll Take You Home Again Kathleen
12 - Zeb Tourney's Gal (Feud Song)
13 - The Death Of Jimmie Rodgers
14 - Jimmie Rodgers' Life
15 - In The Hills Of Old Kentucky
16 - Just Plain Folks
17 - Darling Clementine
18 - My Mother's Beautiful Hands
19 - The Old Wooden Rocker
20 - Ain't We Crazy
21 - In The Little Shirt That Mother Made For Me
22 - Down By The Railroad Track
23 - Sweet Inniscara
24 - The Foggy Dew
25 - That Tumble Down Shack In Athlone
26 - When Irish Eyes Are Smiling
27 - Cowboy's Dream
28 - Red River Valley
29 -  I'd Like To Be In Texas
30 - Now The Table's Turned On You
31 - Ain't We Crazy

Compiled by Jim D.

7 commentaires:

john michaelstone a dit…

A very welcome additional to the collection!! Thanks Uncle Gil.

Psyclist a dit…

Just wondering, are there are 2 warped 3434? I have one (1934 21 tracks, only 1934) and this one with 31, remaining tracks on warped 3434 1950-1936, both with artwork that differ

Uncle Gil a dit…

@Psyclist: I also have this volume 3434 with 21 tracks. It is also attributed to Jim D. I think he uploaded it before finishing this extended version... Perhaps he’ll give us an explanation. We’re thinking of you, Jim D.!

Jim D a dit…

Back in December of 2021, I ran across some Bradley Kincaid, at "Glen's Country Music Cabinet" blog. He was putting together and renumbering warped versions of Kincaid. Through some correspondence it was corrected and in the process i discovered the Bullet 45 from 1946. It was easier to add to 3434 than 4923, thus the 31 songs. I discarded the older version and thought it wasn't ever uploaded to the net. Sorry for the confusion.

Uncle Gil a dit…

Thanks for your explanation, Jim! Regards.

john michaelstone a dit…

Such good stuff!!

Psyclist a dit…

thx!