vendredi 1 avril 2022

Across The River From The Alamo





















BILLY MIZE - A SALUTE TO SWING - A TRIBUTE TO TOMMY DUNCAN

01 - Cherokee Maiden
02 - Trouble In Mind
03 - Alexander's Ragtime Band
04 - You Don't Love Me But I'll Always Care
05 - My Window Faces The South
06 - There's Not A Cow In Texas
07 - Heart To Heart Talk
08 - Roses Of Old Pawnee
09 - Faded Love
10 - Basin Street Blues
11 - Across The River From The Alamo
12 - The Moment I Lost You
13 - San Antonio Rose
14 - Take Me Back To Tulsa
15 - I'm From Texas Too
16 - Brain Cloudy Blues
17 - Letter From My Kid
18 - Time Changes Everything
19 - Roly Poly
20 - Bubbles In My Beer
21 - Stay A Little Longer
22 - The Keeper Of My Heart
23 - Hand Your Head In Shame
24 - Blue For Dixie

Grabbed on web


8 commentaires:

SWingB a dit…

Uncle Gil, I asked before on another post - I've been trying to find a rip of Billy Mize's 1987 LP 'Salute To Swing - A Tribute To Tommy Duncan with The Former Texas Playboys' - Does anyone have it or know anyone who might? The fellow who put out the Billy Mize DVD sent me a link for the LP years ago BUT it was very low bitrate and some songs were missing plus there were other songs from Billy's career included that didn't belong. The original LP version is what I am looking for NOT the reissue on CD which was remastered with remix of the tracks and added comments (a 'la Bob Wills etc.) by Merle Haggard which I didn't care for. I'd appreciate it if anyone could provide a link to this great album on LP. Thanks Uncle Gil for your great blog and to all the great music you and others share and upload! :)

Uncle Gil a dit…

@ SWingB:

I keep looking all around if I can find it... Wait, Hope & See :)

SWingB a dit…

Thanks Uncle Gil! I didn't want to be a bug but I saw the post and thought for a second it was what I was looking for. Then I thought maybe a comment here would be noticed easier than the other one I made on the old Mize post. Thanks for looking! ;)

Aussie a dit…

dont know this one but thank you

SWingB a dit…

Uncle Gil, Speaking of Bob Wills music, I am trying to find a couple of his albums that were on LP in 1976-77:

Bob Wills - 'On the West Coast The Tiffany Transcriptions 1945-49' - Tishomingo Records BW01 (1976)
and
Bob Wills - 'San Antonio Rose - The Tiffany Transcriptions' - Lariat Records - Lariat One (1977)
They have never seen a CD reissue. I have both LPs BUT in sorry condition. A few songs have never been issued elsewhere or with the great mix these LPs have.
Let me know if they're available for a link. As always, THANKS!

Uncle Gil a dit…

@ SWingB:
Sorry, a first search turned up nothing. I remain attentive...
Why don't you look for more ordinary albums? :) :) :)

SWingB a dit…

Uncle Gil, I'll take that under advisement! Thanks!! :)

Uncle Gil a dit…

@ SWingB

:)