vendredi 4 mars 2022

Rockin’ And Rollin’ My Country Songs Away





















VA - THE HILLBILLY RESEARCHER - DIGGED FROM THE BLOG - VOL. 1

Arnold Meredith - It's No Use Lyin'
Art Young - Gotta Get To Texas By Sundown
Bill Boyd - Rockin’ And Rollin’ My Country Songs Away
Billy Hughes - Atomic Sermon
Bob Cross - Calcasieu Waltz
Bob Cross - Combination Rag
Buck Roberts (Johnny Gimble) - Don’t You Darken My Door Anymore
Buss Everett - The Hazy Hills Of California
Curtis Kirk - Easy Livin' (unissued acetate)
Danny Brown - Party Girl
Dean Armstrong - Cowboy Boots
Dolores & Blue Bonnet Boys - Mean Mama Blues
Frankie & Johnnie - The Hot Rod Song
Fred Kirby - Atomic Power
Glen Thompson - Dixieland Boogie
Gordon Jennings - Quit Teasin' Me
J. C. Case & Homer Hargrove - Just A Little More Loving
Jack Hunt - Heaven's Radio Station
Jack Thornhill - Jimmie Jeffries' Rag
Johnny Tyler - Oakie Boogie - Stanchel
K-Bar-O-Rangers - The Sheriff And The Posse
Lem Carter - All Night Long And All Day Too
Leroy Jenkins - You Two Timed Me Three Timed Me
Les Anderson - Sun Sets Gold
Louis Lamb - You Don't Know What You Want

From the defunct "Hillbilly Researcher" blog.


4 commentaires:

flatspin a dit…

Thanks. Unearthed some real treasures.

SWingB a dit…

Uncle Gil and everyone, I'm trying to find the Johnny Tyler song 'Yes I Do (Yes-I-Do)' that was b/w or on the flipside of the original recording of 'Oakie Boogie' on the Stanchel label (as well as the Bixby issue) from 1946 - It seems to be somewhat of a rare or hard to find track as it has never (to my knowledge) been re-issued on LP or CD or even in any compilations that I'm aware of. Does anyone have it they could send a link to it or upload it on YT or archive[dot]com - or??? Help please! I'd appreciate it as I am just trying to fill a gap in my Johnny Tyler archives and my Red Egner collection (it's not even on the BACM Egner disc even though it's apparently quite rare or hard to find and it's one of his vocals. I had the Stanchel 78 with that song but it has been lost to time somewhere along the way. Thanks to you Uncle Gil and everyone else who has been so helpful along the way all these years collecting great old music that's real! Cheers! SWingB

Uncle Gil a dit…

@ SWingB:
Sorry, I can't find this track...
I hope, as you, that someone can help.
Regards

SWingB a dit…

Uncle Gil, Thanks for the reply. Appreciate you looking in to it. Hopefully someone else will turn up with it. Cheers!