................ ............. Good Ole Country Music, Hillbilly, Western Swing, Rockabilly, Rock'n Roll, Blues...


mardi 29 novembre 2016

PREDATORS...

PREDATORS

Like at least one other blogger – Be Bop Wino *- dozens of my home made compilations are on sale through Amazon and Spotify websites to name a few. Offered by "companies" such as TP4 Music, Crazy Warthog Media... 
It is certain that if the music is not mine I feel somewhat deprived of my work as a "graphic designer".
I trust that these companies were attracted by the quality of my creations and that they had no way to reach me to ask me for my approval... or not.  :))
Such actions are deplorable, as deplorable is the complicity of the giants that are Amazon and Spotify.
There are a dozen other sales platforms that are affected also. Just as unfortunately Bim-Bam Records who does not hesitate to sell CD-R whose stuff was taken here... for free!

 
Click on the image to full view

*Be Bop Wino's post : (Who explains much better than me what it is)
http://bebopwinorip.blogspot.fr/2016/09/caveat-emptor-let-buyer-beware.html

5 commentaires:

B._B.(aka UncaBri) a dit…

I think that the old saying (don't know if there is an equivalent one in French for this?) does indeed fit very well here:

"No honor among thieves" !

I hope that the despicable acts of these cretins does not deter Uncle Gil and the rest of the folks who strive tirelessly to keep alive "Our" great old music.

Happy holidays to you & yours. "UncaBri" (A "Tribute" to another "Unk," and heroic historian!)

howstean a dit…

If you google TP4 Music you'll see they have 4,331 albums available, they're not just offering bloggers' compilations, they're selling major-label releases in all fields of music. https://artistxite.co.uk/label/TP4-Music

Uncle Gil a dit…

@howstean: Yes I know... The majority of these major-label releases comes from blogs or forums. They grab the .mp3 files and the scans (some are mine) and they added their ugly sticker...

Anonyme a dit…

I have no words!
I am disgusted by this disgraceful behavior!

B._B. a dit…

" . . the scans . . ." Reminds, me...

Was thinking . . . Wouldn't CUSTOM art work be protected under some sort of LAW?

Of course, to find out, you might need to hire a LAWYER. . .??

$o, that'$ not alway$ $o fea$ible . . .

Point is, a LOT of hard work on those ("HMC" series, etc.) covers, all gone to line $omeone el$e'$ pocket$ . . .

("$$ Folding Money $$" isn't just a SONG TITLE...!)

As "TURKO" a TV consumer reporter hereabouts says:

"IT AIN'T RIGHT!!!"