................ ............. Good Ole Country Music, Hillbilly, Western Swing, Rockabilly, Rock'n Roll, Blues...


vendredi 24 juin 2016

R.I.P. DR. RALPH STANLEY


 

RALPH STANLEY & THE CLINCH MOUNTAIN BOYS – 1971-1973


 01 - I Am the Man, Thomas
 02 - Take Your Shoes Off, Moses
 03 - Death Is Only a Dream
 04 - Brand New Tennessee Waltz
 05 - Two Coats
 06 - Bright Morning Star
 07 - Come on Little Children
 08 - The Prettiest Flowers Will Be Blooming
 09 - Cry from the Cross
 10 - Step Out in the Sunshine
 11 - You're Drifting On
 12 - Gloryland
 13 - Stairway to Heaven
 14 - Will He Wait a Little Longer?
 15 - Sinner Man
 16 - Shotgun Slade
 17 - Old-Time Pickin'
 18 - I'll Remember You Love in My Prayers


 01 - John Henry
 02 - Pretty Little Indian
 03 - Little Birdie
 04 - Cripple Creek
 05 - East Virginia Blues
 06 - Little Glass of Wine
 07 - Somebody Touched Me
 08 - Sally Goodin'
 09 - Working on a Building
 10 - Roll in My Sweet Baby's Arms
 11 - Bound to Ride
 12 - Mississippi Sawyer
 13 - Going to Georgia
 14 - All the Love I Had Is Gone
 15 - Will You Miss Me?
 16 - Katy Daley
 17 - A Little Boy Called Joe
 18 - Six More Miles
 19 - Cluck Old Hen
 20 - That Lonesome Old Song


 01 - Man of Constant Sorrow
 02 - Pretty Polly
 03 - Maple on the Hill
 04 - Clinch Mountain Backstep
 05 - Lisa's Joy
 06 - Don't Ask Me Why
 07 - All I Ever Loved Was You
 08 - God Gave You to Me
 09 - Little Maggie
 10 - Flood of '57
 11 - Old Country Church
 12 - When I Get Home
 13 - These Men of God
 14 - My Lord's Been a Walking
 15 - Green Pastures in the Sky
 16 - Give Me the Roses Now
 17 - Honey in the Rock
 18 - Hide Me, Rock of Ages
 19 - 10,000 Angels
 20 - Standing by the River
 21 - Village Church Yard
 22 - I Hold a Clear Title
 23 - Bill Cheatham
 24 - On and On
 25 - What About You?
 26 - Gonna Paint the Town
 27 - I Wonder How the Old Folks Are at Home
 28 - Who Will Sing for Me?


 01 - Love Me Darling Just Tonight
 02 - Poison Love
 03 - Ridin' That Midnight Train
 04 - Loving You Too Well
 05 - Nobody's Love Is Like Mine
 06 - Cumberland Gap
 07 - Shout Little Lulie
 08 - Rocky Island
 09 - Old-Time Pickin'
 10 - John Henry
 11 - Little Bridie
 12 - Bound to Ride
 13 - The Lonesome River
 14 - The Fields Have Turned Brown
 15 - Hard Times
 16 - Train 45
 17 - Gold Watch and Chain
 18 - You Kow I'll Be Lonesome
 19 - The Orphan Girl
 20 - I'm Going That Way
 21 - Brighter Mansion
 22 - Who Is That?
 23 - Going up Home to Live in Green Pastures
 24 - I Wanna Make Heaven My Home
 25 - Rank Strangers
 26 - Angel Band
 27 - I Want to Preach the Gospel
 28 - Dark and Thorny Is the Desert
 29 - Great High Mountain
 30 - A Rose Among the Thorns

Posted by Stampede

10 commentaires:

tiny a dit…

Another legend gone ... 2016 is a bad year ain't it :/

Jon a dit…

Thanks!

Bob Mac a dit…

A great man gone, many thanks for posting this, I'll have a listen later this evening and toast my glass high in a salute to this wonderful artist.

hepster a dit…

Thanks for all the great postings. But I would like to know where to direct requests for re-ups of the great music I was too late to be able to download. Thanks, Hepster

Uncle Gil a dit…

@Hepster: Post a comment on the post. It's the easiest way for me.
Thanks.

JohnnyDiego a dit…

There was never one better than Dr. Ralph Stanley. I'll miss him but he left us a treasure trove of wonderful music. R.I.P. Ralph and Carter.

bigCman a dit…

Thank you so much for posting this. I think there may have been an issue when disc 2 was uploaded as there are several songs that cut off early. Will You Miss Me and Cripple Creek are just a few.

Certainly not criticizing or complaining. I have the utmost respect for anyone who is this committed to our music.

tupelo a dit…

Hello
I've been lucky 'cause I saw Ralph Stanley in June 6th 2009 in Morehead KY for ... 5 bucks and I brought my own chair ... A whole day under the sun and I saw him at night . He said when he was on stage that he recorded more than 250 Lps /Cds
Thanks for posting this compilation
Repose en paix Ralf

Uncle Gil a dit…

@bigCman: sorry... I will searching for a better copy, if I can.

teddy cat baz a dit…

cheers stampede