................ ............. Good Ole Country Music, Hillbilly, Western Swing, Rockabilly, Rock'n Roll, Blues...


lundi 11 mai 2015

Johnny Gimble R.I.P.






A1 - The Playboy Beat
A2 - Bill Tucker (instr)
A3 - Texas Little Foot (instr)
A4 - Bright Eyes
A5 - Jumpin' Cotton Eyed Joe
B1 - Hey Mr. Cowboy
B2 - Twilight Waltz
B3 - Pretty Palomino
B4 - Waltzin' The Blues
B5 - Double Eagle Paul Jones

Found on the cloud. Thanks to original uploader.


5 commentaires:

SWingB a dit…

Thanks Uncle Gil for sharing - Nobody fiddled better than Johnny Gimble! Just wanted to let you know somehow the first couple of licks of the intro on some songs are cut off: track A4 Gardenia Waltz - A5 Don't Let The Deal Go Down - B3 Thanks Bob - B5 What A Friend We Have In Jesus 9I realize you may have acquired the tracks this way from another source) Thanks again.

Uncle Gil a dit…

@SWingB: Thanks. I'm sorry. Bad cuts.
Here's another gem...

SWingB a dit…

Uncle Gil - I think I can get a copy of Fiddlin' Around to you to post - let me know how to go about gettin' it to ya! Don't wanna post a link here unless you say so. You ROCK! Thanks! Gimble's My Kinda Music is another largely unknown albums by Johnny Gimble that he put out on his own Tejas label and sold mostly at his appearances around Texas. First time I wrote him a letter back in the 80's he fired back at me with a nice long handwritten reply and a copy of this albim signed to me. He was a great friend and a great inspiration. Sad this albim is out of print. I believe the family have plans to reissue a lot if mot all of his music and a lot more surprises they found in his archives. RIP John Paul Gimble you were aces all the way!

Uncle Gil a dit…

Hi SWingB: Great story ! Thanks for your offer. Very kind. You can write unclegil.rockin@gmail.com or you can post the link, here in the comments. Thanks by advance.

SWingB a dit…

Soor Uncle Gil - My rip of the Fiddlin' Around LP was the same source with bad intros but not cleaned up - it was really noisey! I'll keep looking - Thanks again!