................ ............. Good Ole Country Music, Hillbilly, Western Swing, Rockabilly, Rock'n Roll, Blues...


samedi 25 avril 2015

Goin' To Memphis



CARL PERKINS - MY KIND OF COUNTRY - LP Mercury SRM-1-691 (1973)

A1 - (Let's Get) Dixie Fried
A2 - You Tore My Heaven All To Hell
A3 - Love, Sweet Love
A4 - One More Loser Going Home
A5 - Just As Long
A6 - Goin' To Memphis
B1 - Never Look Back
B2 - Honky Tonk Song
B3 - Lord, I Sinned Again Last Night
B4 - Help Me Dream
B5 - Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town


_
Vinyl rip. Covers, labels


.

7 commentaires:

Patrick Dirickx a dit…

I always loved Carl Perkins' style of guitar playing, thanks for these uploads !

Anonyme a dit…

I think this is a pretty underrated album; love the covers of "I'm Going to Memphis" and "Ruby."

Speaking of Memphis, would there be any way you could re-post Cash's The Last Gunfighter Ballad? It's an album I've been wanting to hear for awhile, and the old post seems to be expired . . .

Thanks!

Josh a dit…

May we have a re-up of this classic?

Thank you,

Josh

Josh a dit…

O Wow! Thank you so much for re-upping this mighty fine record. The
Going to Memphis" cut is prolific as is this blog! Thank you all for this one and all that you do!

Long live Uncle Gil!

Josh

Anonyme a dit…

The link is down

Bop-A-Saurus a dit…

Cheers a lot for the new link!!! Perkins doing Ruby...nice!

Gerry a dit…

I've been coming since your first post, but I don't say thanks often enough. Thanks!